Happy Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas! Here are our top ten suggested ways to celebrate:
10. Wear black and white
9. Begin all retorts with "Sed contra!"
8. Compliment deserving friends with "how angelically doctoral of you!"
7. Go to Mass
6. Resist the temptation to turn the oppositions' positions into straw men.
5. Transform common nouns into proper nouns to give your best friends nicknames employing some unorthodox capitalization (eg, "The Philosopher," "The Commentator," "The Theologian")
4. Enjoy your food and drink with gusto. But make sure the youngest are fed first.
3. Send a pack of whores packing
2. Begin all of your best arguments with a Patristics reference
1. Realize that, in the end, all of this is but straw.