Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An Interview with Dr. Bernard Nathanson

Dr. Bernard Nathanson, a former abortionist, who once ran the world's largest abortion clinic before converting to a pro-life commitment and being baptized in the Catholic Church, died last week at the age of 85. He is now remembered for his pro-life advocacy, particularly in producing and narrating The Silent Scream, a documentary of the abortion of an 11-week old unborn child. An interview he gave in 2008 is now available here. An excerpt:

"I didn’t always look for the truth. It’s only been the latter part of my life which I have spent looking for the truth. I spent the first half of my life being driven by hedonistic motives. Then I changed. Philosophy is the search for the truth. The truth lies at the bottom of a bottomless pit. It seems that truth is not absolute, as if ‘my truth is not your truth’. But there is a profound and eternal truth: life itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment